[comp.protocols.nfs] FTP Interdrive WordPerfect Printing and DEC stuff too

efb@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Everett Batey) (07/18/90)

In article <1800@east.East.Sun.COM> geoff@East.Sun.COM (Geoff Arnold @ Sun BOS - R.H. coast near the top) writes:
>#I'm curious about what the incompatibility is.  Is it something weird
>#in WP, or something lacking in InterDrive's redirector?

It is probably of little consolation, but if you are trying to play networked
PC over DECNET, and I would assume, ditto with TCP on DEPCA, with an early
vintage HP Vectra, we suffered from the keyboard mapping, we were told HPIB,
overlapping / being overlapped by the network code.  And yes with WP 5.0, we
even lost it worse, hard reboot time.

I wouldn't presume to speculate who places most losely with the DOS Interrupts
and the REI type instructions but rest assured the above are three more pieces
that DID NOT play well for us.  Mr FTP, Inc, did report to us that they have
NOT had any negative report with FTPs TCP on DEPCAs.

Surely wish to support the Norwegian advice of keeping the uncooperative parts
( systems, networks and applications ) in front of the consumer base and let
the users here judge which risks they want to assume.  We sure lost a big in-
vestment from after discovered failures.  Good luck.

--
 +  efb@suned1.nswses.Navy.MIL efb@elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov  efb@voodoo.bitnet  +
 +  efb@suned1.UUCP | Gold Coast Sun Users | Vta-SB-SLO DECUS |  WA6CRE   +