[comp.protocols.nfs] PC-NFS - printer banner - user name

J.Crowcroft@ucl-cs.UUCP (07/24/90)

From: Jon Crowcroft <J.Crowcroft@uk.ac.ucl.cs>

i canna get banners to have either nobody or a real user name when
printing from PCs to a pyramid or sun using pc-nfs lpr stuff.

has anyone an idea why this might not work (i whatdididowrong?)

thanks
jon

angelini@irisa.fr (Pierre Antoine Angelini) (07/25/90)

In article <1103@ucl-cs.UUCP> J.Crowcroft@ucl-cs.UUCP writes:
>From: Jon Crowcroft <J.Crowcroft@uk.ac.ucl.cs>
>
>i canna get banners to have either nobody or a real user name when
>printing from PCs to a pyramid or sun using pc-nfs lpr stuff.
>
>has anyone an idea why this might not work (i whatdididowrong?)

As shipped, pcnsfd doesn't print user name.
You'll have to modify it to call lpr with the rights parameters.
It's quite simple, as pcnfsd source is in PC-NFS package.
So, youdidn'tdoanythingwrong.
IFSIC /IRISA                               |
Atelier Micro                              | Telephone : 99.36.20.00 poste 480
Universite de Rennes I                     |
Campus de beaulieu                         | Fax : 99.38.38.32
35042 RENNES CEDEX - FRANCE                |