[comp.protocols.nfs] Recommended books on building an NFS server?

mcgregor@hemlock.Atherton.COM (Scott McGregor) (08/10/90)

I am interested in exploring the possibilities of creating an NFS server
for a non-unix, non-MSDOS file system.  I am interested in recommendations
and reviews of books that would be useful to me in understanding how
to implement one.  I've already thought about how I want to map
the semantics of this file system to the standard unix file system,
what I am interested in is the required NFS external interfaces, etc.

Thanks.  Mail can be sent to me at

mcgregor@atherton.com  or  ...!sun!atherton!mcgregor

--Scott McGregor

yozzo@king-arthur.watson.ibm.com (08/13/90)

In article <28593@athertn.Atherton.COM> mcgregor@hemlock.Atherton.COM (Scott McGregor) writes:
>I am interested in exploring the possibilities of creating an NFS server
>for a non-unix, non-MSDOS file system.  I am interested in recommendations
>and reviews of books that would be useful to me in understanding how
>to implement one.  I've already thought about how I want to map
>the semantics of this file system to the standard unix file system,
>what I am interested in is the required NFS external interfaces, etc.
>
>Thanks.  Mail can be sent to me at
>
>mcgregor@atherton.com  or  ...!sun!atherton!mcgregor
>
>--Scott McGregor

The best thing that I've found on a Pc NFS server is
the source that is available from funet.fi

| Ralph E. Yozzo                     | DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed    |
| IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Ctr. | herein are the Authors.               |
| Arpanet: yozzo@ibm.com             | And are not necessarily those of his  |
|                                    | employer or this station.             |
| Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!yozzo  | Phone: (914) 945-3634 work |
|                                               | Phone: (914) 564-4731 home |