[comp.protocols.nfs] Packet drivers for PC-NFS

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (08/21/90)

Is it possible for PC-NFS to use packet drivers? Russ Nelson tells me he'll
soon be working on a NICps driver for the PS/2, and I would like to try to
find some networking solution for our machines with those crazy Ungerman-Bass
cards.

How does one set up such a configuration, if it were possible?

Eric, tinkerer-at-large

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (08/22/90)

In article <12815@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>Is it possible for PC-NFS to use packet drivers? Russ Nelson tells me he'll
>soon be working on a NICps driver for the PS/2, and I would like to try to
>find some networking solution for our machines with those crazy Ungerman-Bass
>cards.
>
>How does one set up such a configuration, if it were possible?
>
>Eric, tinkerer-at-large

You need the file nfs-kit.zip from sun.soe.clarkson. It contains the code
to interface Sun pc-nfs to both packet drivers and NDIS drivers. The docs
explain how to set it up.

AT&T has an NDIS driver for that card (they OEM the UB NIC/PS2). With that
driver and the nfs-kit you should be able to get it running.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden