[comp.protocols.nfs] PC-NFS 3.0.1 & Windows3 - print redirection works?

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (08/23/90)

I was unable to get windows3 to recognize the redirected (via PC-NFS) lpt# and
was wondering if/hoping that I overlooked something ... anyone have any hints?

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

karl@naitc.uucp (Karl Denninger) (08/24/90)

In article <760@travis.csd.harris.com> leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com () writes:
>I was unable to get windows3 to recognize the redirected (via PC-NFS) lpt# and
>was wondering if/hoping that I overlooked something ... anyone have any hints?

Tell it you are on OS/2 (yeah, for real!) and it will work.

I've done it...

--
Karl Denninger	AC Nielsen
kdenning@ksun.naitc.com

pilger@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Eric Pilger) (09/03/90)

In article <760@travis.csd.harris.com> leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com () writes:
>I was unable to get windows3 to recognize the redirected (via PC-NFS) lpt# and
>was wondering if/hoping that I overlooked something ... anyone have any hints?

Try using lpt#.os2. (It's way at the bottom of the list.)

				 Eric Pilger
				 NASA Infrared Telescope