[net.followup] Pagans versus Civilisation?

In article <40@drutx.UUCP> slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) writes:
>Yes, but the idea was forgotten--along with so much else--during the
>Middle Ages.  Perhaps it was one of those horrible pagan practices
>(like regular bathing, scientific inquiry, enjoyment of sex, and common
>literacy) that was deemed debilitating to the masses.

You know, I wonder where Brezden got the impression she is trying to
perpetuate here.  My memory of those times is that it was one of
those civilised practises that, like the others, was all but lost
in the horde of invasions of those oh-so-noble pagans, and only
preserved in the books of a few monasteries.  Or, how did you think
we knew about it now?

By the way, I first thought it funny (ha ha) that there was so much
anal orientation in this newsgroup.  Now it's getting boring.  Can we
move on to something more exciting, like how many rings the largest
Sequoia has?
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (12/20/85)

In article <132@hadron.UUCP> jsdy@hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao) writes:
>In article <40@drutx.UUCP> slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) writes:
>>Yes, but the idea was forgotten--along with so much else--during the
>>Middle Ages. . .
>
>. . .  My memory of those times is that . . .

You're remarkably spry for your age!
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706