[comp.protocols.nfs] MacNFS client vendors?

rex@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Rex Sanders) (11/08/90)

I'm looking for vendors of Macintosh NFS client software that runs under MacOS.
I know Wollongong sells this stuff, is there anyone else?

Free idea:  Is it feasible to glue MacTCP and Berkeley's 4.3 Reno NFS code
together to make a NFS client for Macs?

-- Rex Sanders
   rex@pmgvax.wr.usgs.gov

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Nov7.195259.12995@morrow.stanford.edu>, rex@pangea.Stanford.EDU
(Rex Sanders) writes:
> I'm looking for vendors of Macintosh NFS client software that runs under MacOS.
> I know Wollongong sells this stuff, is there anyone else?

Yes, InterCon Systems sells a MacNFS client.  Drop me a line and I will have
information sent to you.  If there is enough interest I will repost the information
that I posted to comp.newprod earlier.

> Free idea:  Is it feasible to glue MacTCP and Berkeley's 4.3 Reno NFS code
> together to make a NFS client for Macs?
>
> -- Rex Sanders
>    rex@pmgvax.wr.usgs.gov

What do you do about a UI?  Icons, file information, etc...

--
Kurt Baumann                       InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890                      Creators of fine TCP/IP products