[comp.protocols.nfs] DesqView and PC-NFS piping: solution...

banner@rupert ( infotech) (02/06/91)

In article <6299@rupert>, I wrote:
> A curious problem has popped up when trying to use the
> DOS pipe | or redirection > in a DesqView "BIG DOS"
> (ie 512k ) running within PC-NFS...
>
> 	H:\> dir c: > c:\test.txt
> 				will not work, giving
> 				an "Insufficient Memory"
> 				error after a long wait
> 				(H: is any network drive.)

The answer to this is the version of DV/QEMM was 2.2/5.0,
after running the same test on a 2.3/5.11 set up, the
piping and redirection ran aokay... Thanks to ado@alw.nih.gov
for the tip. I don't know whether this problem will qualify for
a free upgrade from Quarterdeck but you can always try...
(I haven't yet) If you're running PCNFS and DV 2.2x you should
pursue an upgrade...

Ross Bannerman           | Usenet: banner@mitel.com
MITEL Corp. Kanata, Ont. | This line left intentionally blank....