[comp.protocols.nfs] X-server for PC and PC-NFS

goggi@rhi.hi.is (Gardar Georg Nielsen) (02/08/91)

Does anyone know of X-server for DOS which coexists whith PC-NFS or
FTP inc's PC/TCP.  Or have anyone heard of plans for making it possible.

Thank's in advance

Gardar Nielsen					goggi@rhi.hi.is
University of Iceland
Computing Services

wjw@ebs.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (02/08/91)

In article <2737@krafla.rhi.hi.is> goggi@rhi.hi.is (Gardar Georg Nielsen) writes:
=>
=>Does anyone know of X-server for DOS which coexists whith PC-NFS or
=>FTP inc's PC/TCP.  Or have anyone heard of plans for making it possible.
=>
As far as I've read the literature, there should be some out there
like Xview.

The product for which I'm desparatly waiting is DeskviewX. Which should be
release during the next months. Supposedly it'll run on PC/TCP.

Ciao,
	Willem Jan Withagen

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (02/12/91)

wjw@ebs.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) writes:

>In article <2737@krafla.rhi.hi.is> goggi@rhi.hi.is (Gardar Georg Nielsen) writes:
>=>
>=>Does anyone know of X-server for DOS which coexists whith PC-NFS or
>=>FTP inc's PC/TCP.  Or have anyone heard of plans for making it possible.
>=>
>As far as I've read the literature, there should be some out there
>like Xview.

>The product for which I'm desparatly waiting is DeskviewX. Which should be
>release during the next months. Supposedly it'll run on PC/TCP.

Or you could try PC-Xview from graphics software systems, which effectively
turns a PC into a high quality X terminal, or X11/AT from Integrated inference
machines, which runs inside Windows 3.0 as a subset of an MS window! Both
products can be obtained in Europe from us (unipalm@unipalm.co.uk)
.. and there are others that somehow escape my mind.....

DesqView/X is currently a LONG way from release - although the alpha that
I saw last year was VERY impressive.