[comp.protocols.nfs] X/open PCNFS Book

rohit@Sun.COM (Rohit Aggarwal) (03/29/91)

X/open has a book called

	"Developers' Specification
	 Protocols for X/Open PC Interworking
	 (PC)NFS"

The only place I know you can get a copy of this is directly from
x/open in England

Telephone: +44 0 734 508311
fax      : +44 0 734 500110

It is about $40.00 + shipping.

barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (03/29/91)

rohit@Sun.COM (Rohit Aggarwal) writes:

>X/open has a book called

>	"Developers' Specification
>	 Protocols for X/Open PC Interworking
>	 (PC)NFS"

>The only place I know you can get a copy of this is directly from
>x/open in England

>Telephone: +44 0 734 508311
>fax      : +44 0 734 500110

>It is about $40.00 + shipping.

Does X/Open have an INTERNET address? and contact person?

barry
| Barry B. Floyd                   \\\       barry_floyd@mts.rpi.edu |
| Manager Information Systems - HR    \\\          usere9w9@rpitsmts |
+-Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute--------------------troy, ny 12180-+

geoff@hinode.East.Sun.COM (Geoff Arnold @ Sun BOS - R.H. coast near the top) (03/29/91)

Quoth barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (in <_98f7cl@rpi.edu>):
#
#Does X/Open have an INTERNET address? and contact person?

Since they are based in the UK, their canonical address isn't
necessarily well-connected to the Internet. (And should it be
xopen.co.uk or uk.co.xopen?!) I know two routes to them, but both are
private as far as I am aware. I'll ask their postmaster whether they
have a real route from the Internet and an officially designated
contact person. (I know lots of people there, but it wouldn't be much
use sending general queries to them because they're always off at
Working Group meetings...)

I can add a little more contact information, however. They have
four offices listed:

X/Open Company Ltd.                  X/Open Company Ltd.
Apex Plaza, Forbury Rd.,             Karufuru-Kanda Bldg., 9F
Reading, Berkshire RG1 1AX           1-2-1 Kanda Suda-Cho
United KIngdom                       Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo 101, Japan
Phone: +44 734 508311                Phone: +81 3 251 8321
FAX:   +44 734 500110                FAX:   +81 3 251 8376

X/Open Company Ltd.                  X/Open Company Ltd.
1750 Montgomery Street,              1055 Washington Blvd., 6th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111              Stamford, CT 06901
USA                                  USA
Phone: +1 (415)773-5383              Phone: +1 (203)975-7778
FAX:   +1 (415)421-4278              FAX:   +1 (203)975-7744

Geoff (Sun rep to X/Open PC Interworking Group)

-- Geoff Arnold, PC-NFS architect, Sun Microsystems. (geoff@East.Sun.COM)   --
--     Sun Microsystems PC Distributed Systems ...                          --
--            ... soon to be a part of SunTech (stay tuned for details)     --

droms@regulus (Ralph E. Droms) (03/29/91)

I called, ordered and received a copy of the (PC)NFS book from
X/Open's Stamford, Connecticut office.  I supplied a credit card
number and an address and the book arrived the next day via overnight
delivery.
--
- Ralph Droms                 Computer Science Department
  droms@bucknell.edu          323 Dana Engineering