[net.followup] free advertising

pugsly@isrnix.UUCP (David A. Roth) (12/25/85)

What is this doing in net.general ?
This type of article belongs more in net.* .

David A. Roth
...decvax!pur-ee!isrnix!pugsly
...ihnp4!inuxc!isrnix!pugsly
Indianapolis,IN

hes@ecsvax.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) (12/25/85)

>   I propose that the net (attempt to) set a standard such that feedback
> about notes that advertise on the net do NOT respond to the offending note,
> but rather start new notes.
>
>   Right now, some unnamed service in an unnamed net.xxxx notesfile has
> quite a coup going.  I read it once when it first showed up, and I've gotten
> the pleasure of seeing it 5 more times from my automatic sequencer as 5
>
> Perry Wagle, Indiana University, Bloomington Indiana.

   Well, that's notes for you. :-)  Please don't fix it is such a way that it
loses the base note (that description sure fits advertising!) and then
generates Orphaned Responses for all the followups.
--henry schaffer

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (12/27/85)

In article <986@ecsvax.UUCP> hes@ecsvax.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) writes:
>>   I propose that the net (attempt to) set a standard such that feedback
>> about notes that advertise on the net do NOT respond to the offending note,
>> but rather start new notes.
>
>   Well, that's notes for you. :-)  Please don't fix it is such a way that it
>loses the base note (that description sure fits advertising!) and then
>generates Orphaned Responses for all the followups.

Why not -- then most of us 'rn' users, who have already added 'Orphaned
Response' to the global Kill file, will never be bothered with them :-)