[comp.protocols.nfs] Using PC-nfs on wd8003 with 386max

wjw@ebh.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) (04/05/91)

Just another silly question:
	Is anybody using the above combination?
	if so could you mail me your config.sys for this?

I would like to run to, but have not yet managed to get the 386max part
up and running. It just runs fine in low memory.

The problems is that things start sort of oke, but then after entering
the passwd, the system hangs or it hangs after mounting 1 or 2 disks.

Probably is the card not detected by 386max, so I've added a
ROM=d200-da00 (that what the address of the wd8003 is)

further details:
	386 clone with 4 MB, 5 1/4", VGA, 2 rs232, 2 printerports
	PC-nfs v3.0.1
	Wd8003 with intr 3, i/o = 280, ram = d200

Thanx,
	Willem Jan
Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw@eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands

ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) (04/08/91)

wjw@ebh.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) writes:

>Just another silly question:
>	Is anybody using the above combination?
>	if so could you mail me your config.sys for this?

>I would like to run to, but have not yet managed to get the 386max part
>up and running. It just runs fine in low memory.

Here's a working combination - note that WD8003E.SYS is in low memory
The WD card has its memory at C800, to avoid splitting up a big area.

I also had KEYB in high memory.

DEVICE=C:\386MAX\386MAX.SYS NOROM EXCLUDE=c800-cc00
DEVICE=C:\DOS\ANSI.SYS
DEVICE=C:\386MAX\386LOAD.SYS prog=C:\DFIMOUSE\DFIMOUSE.SYS 2
FILES=20
DEVICE=C:\386MAX\386LOAD.SYS size=66784 prog=C:\NFS\PCNFS.SYS
DEVICE=C:\386MAX\386LOAD.SYS prog=C:\NFS\SOCKDRV.SYS
DEVICE=C:\NFS\WD8003E.SYS /mc800
BREAK=ON
LASTDRIVE=V

rjf@gdwb.oz.au (Rex Foord) (04/10/91)

ian@unipalm.uucp (Ian Phillipps) writes:

>wjw@ebh.eb.ele.tue.nl (Willem Jan Withagen) writes:

>>Just another silly question:
>>	Is anybody using the above combination?
>>	if so could you mail me your config.sys for this?

>>I would like to run to, but have not yet managed to get the 386max part
>>up and running. It just runs fine in low memory.

Note you should use a RAM=xxxx-yyyy option in the first line of
your config.sys .The one that loads 386max.
xxxx-yyyy should be the shared memory address of the network card

This works fine for me using 3c503 cards as well as cabletron cards.

Also note that not all device drivers in config.sys can be loaded high.
Some do some don't. Experimentation is needed.

Rex Foord
Geelong & District Water Board (Aust)
rjf@gdwb.oz.au