[comp.protocols.nfs] PC-NFS Price / Alternative

ofer@GENIUS.TAU.AC.IL (Ofer Lapid 4X6OJ) (05/15/91)

I would like to ask for anyones experience with the pricing they got from
sun for buying an ACADEMIC campus wide site license of PC-NFS.
It seems that our local dealer is overpricing the stuff alot.

Also I'd like to know if there is a (cheaper) alternative to PC-NFS which
provides NIS user validation and remote file and printer access.

Many thanks.
Ofer.

ajayshah@alhena.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) (05/16/91)

In article <2122@ccsg.tau.ac.il> ofer@GENIUS.TAU.AC.IL (Ofer Lapid 4X6OJ) writes:
>Also I'd like to know if there is a (cheaper) alternative to PC-NFS which
>provides NIS user validation and remote file and printer access.

Beame & Whiteside    1-416-648-6556

Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                             The more things change, the more they stay insane.