[comp.protocols.nfs] PC-NFS and MS WINDOWS compatibility??

zanden@issun3.stc.nl (Aad vd Zanden) (06/17/91)

I am running PC-NFS (3.5) and MS WINDOWS (3.0) on my 386
with normal 1Mb (standard mode ) memory ;HIMEM.sys driver
is installed to use extended mem. .When trying to run
setup under windows an unrecovarable app. error occurs.
But when I startup windows in real mode or enhanced
(by typing win /r or win /3) This error doesn't show.
Can any one share this problem with me or inform me
on solutions to avoid if possible.Any other related
remarks are welcome.

In <1991Jun17.094958.18447@issun3.stc.nl> zanden@issun3.stc.nl (Aad vd Zanden) writes:

>I am running PC-NFS (3.5) and MS WINDOWS (3.0) on my 386
>with normal 1Mb (standard mode ) memory ;HIMEM.sys driver
>is installed to use extended mem. .When trying to run
>setup under windows an unrecovarable app. error occurs.
>But when I startup windows in real mode or enhanced
>(by typing win /r or win /3) This error doesn't show.
>Can any one share this problem with me or inform me
>on solutions to avoid if possible.Any other related
>remarks are welcome.
sorry I am using MS WINDOWS 3.00a instead of 3.0
But that probably doesn't make any difference.