[comp.sys.super] IBM Super Prototypes

g_ahrendt@vaxa.uwa.oz (Gunter Ahrendt) (06/08/90)

I was very interested to read about the GF11, and would like to know if you
could provide similar postings for the RP-3 & TF-1. I am very sure most
comp.sys.super readers would be very interested :)

sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) (06/08/90)

In article <1990Jun8.114052.1879@vaxa.uwa.oz>, g_ahrendt@vaxa.uwa.oz (Gunter Ahrendt) writes:
>I was very interested to read about the GF11, and would like to know if you
>could provide similar postings for the RP-3 & TF-1. I am very sure most
>comp.sys.super readers would be very interested :)

And then the Olympic Committee can hand out the medals for fastest
vector machine, all-around performance, and fastest special processing
machine.

	"But how do we get our Cray to Athens, boss?"

ciotti@wilbur.nas.nasa.gov (Robert B. Ciotti) (06/09/90)

In article <00937E29.EA6F7B80@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU> sysmgr@KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:
>In article <1990Jun8.114052.1879@vaxa.uwa.oz>, g_ahrendt@vaxa.uwa.oz (Gunter Ahrendt) writes:
>>I was very interested to read about the GF11, and would like to know if you
>
>And then the Olympic Committee can hand out the medals for fastest
>vector machine, all-around performance, and fastest special processing
>machine.

Hearsay has it that advanced compiler development is in the works, a true
automatic vectorizing, parallelizing cobol compiler. Eugene even said that
report generation could be distributed across several printers! -{(:'|)>-

>	"But how do we get our Cray to Athens, boss?"

HSX of course