[comp.sys.super] Yep I like InterViews/C++!

brewer@umd5.umd.edu (Peter Brewer) (07/05/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.super
Subject: Re: C++ on convex: was G++ on convex?
In article <103602@convex.convex.com> metzger@convex.com (Robert Metzger) writes:
>In article <4786@uwm.edu> dave@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (David A Rasmussen) writes:
>>
>>Um, our c++ support person at work is curious if someone is working
>>on porting g++ to the convex.
>>
>Well, if your C++ person is more interested in C++ than in using software
>from the People's Republic of Cambridge, CONVEX is preparing a LOW_COST
>C++ product which includes a port of AT&T V2.1, AND a high-level debugger
>which provides reasonable support for C++.
>
>Contact your CONVEX rep for those all-important details they don't let
>product development people like me talk about.
>--
>
>Robert Metzger
>CONVEX Computer Corporation
I like Convexen, however I was told by a support organization that they
didn't have time for C++. We were offered the privelege of being a beta
site and free software! Sighhhh, after a very depressing meeting I was
told no one had time to install v8.0 of the O.S. which was required. I think
it arrived about a week ago. Believe me I made every effort, including
asking to do it myself! I even ported C++ 1.2 translator to the Convex way
back when we first got it!

But now the question.. will they or won't they? Will Convex be doing a
real compiler or will they just stick with the translator? Will they
be doing anything at all.

-- Peter
--
Peter W. Brewer GRAD STUDENT : BOHICA Bend Over Here It Comes Again!!
Quote: One of the biggest mistakes I made was listening to 'articulate