[net.followup] Cheese Triscuit and Andy Rooney

mmm@weitek.UUCP (Mark Thorson) (12/30/85)

I happened to catch 60 minutes last night and was quite impressed by the
Andy Rooney piece.  He was talking about all the free stuff he gets in the
mail.  One of the items was a box of Heath candy bars.  He explained that he
he'd quit eating Heath bars since the butter in them was replaced with mar-
garine.

Lo and behold, a few years after mentioning this on the air he receives a
free box of Heath bars.  The company that makes them had heard his complaint,
and they have just come out with an "improved" Heath bar.  Of course the im-
provement is they have gone back to using butter.

What power this man has!  George Bush has nothing compared to this guy.
From his cubicle on W. 57th St., Andy Rooney can modify the basic institutions
that make us all Americans!

I want his job.  Can anyone figure out how to get me his job?  If he doesn't
write his own material, I want his writer's job.  If there isn't anyway to
get rid of him, I want to be his boss.  There must be a way!

Mark Thorson  (...!cae780!weitek!mmm)

If elected, appointed, or hired to take Andy Rooney's place, I promise to do
my utmost to make root beer taste like it did 20 years ago (before they took
out the sassafras).

mike@enmasse.UUCP (Mike Schloss) (01/05/86)

> If elected, appointed, or hired to take Andy Rooney's place, I promise to do
> my utmost to make root beer taste like it did 20 years ago (before they took
> out the sassafras).

How about making Coke taste like it did many years ago before they took the
coke out of it?

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (01/06/86)

In article <356@weitek.UUCP> mmm@weitek.UUCP (Mark Thorson) writes:

>If elected, appointed, or hired to take Andy Rooney's place, I promise to do
>my utmost to make root beer taste like it did 20 years ago (before they took
>out the sassafras).

Just see what you can do about making Coke Classic taste like Old Coke.

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (01/08/86)

In article <518@enmasse.UUCP>, mike@enmasse.UUCP (Mike Schloss) writes:
> > If elected, appointed, or hired to take Andy Rooney's place, I promise to do
> > my utmost to make root beer taste like it did 20 years ago (before they took
> > out the sassafras).
>
> How about making Coke taste like it did many years ago before they took the
> coke out of it?

     Yes, please put the coca back in the cola!

--
           Mike Farren
           uucp: {dual, hplabs}!well!farren

kort@hounx.UUCP (B.KORT) (01/09/86)

Yeah, Andy Rooney is one of my favorites, too.
He has a delightful new book out, entitled, _Pieces of
My Mind_.  It's a collection of his essays.  Someday
I'd like to be able to write like that.  --Barry Kort