[comp.sys.super] wanted: references for Cray and supercomputers for school project

sanjay@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Sanjay Keshava) (06/17/91)

I'd appreciate pointers to studies, papers, and articles discussing
the following:

1. supercomputer, minisuper computer, and supermini computer
industries
2. Cray research - the company and their products

This is for a school project that is due on July 12.

Thanks.

--

Sanjay Keshava   Student in the UT Austin Graduate School of Business
    ->|<-        Class of July 1991, Information Systems & Finance

eugene@nas.nasa.gov (Eugene N. Miya) (06/18/91)

In article <50620@ut-emx.uucp> sanjay@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
(Sanjay Keshava) writes:

>I'd appreciate pointers to studies, papers, and articles discussing
>the following:
>2. Cray research - the company and their products
>
>This is for a school project that is due on July 12.

While at local CRI offices, I saw a cute hard bound book produced
by the company for the company, something titled,
A Company Called Cray Research.
Not quite as good as the 10 year retrospective of Xerox PARC but cute.

Why don't you just contact the company directly, as for marketing paper,
yearly reports, charts.  Hell, CRI sent me manuals when I worked for
a Lab which didn't lease a machine until 5 years after leaving.

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@orville.nas.nasa.gov
  Resident Cynic, Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers
  Back from an absolutely cynical vacation
  {uunet,mailrus,other gateways}!ames!eugene