[net.followup] Intro to posting net.general

tomczak@harvard.UUCP (Bill Tomczak) (01/10/86)

In article <-121460433@sysvis> george@sysvis writes:
>The old "policing-job" really gets heavy, huh Gene?  (nudge, nudge).  After
>you remove net.{several}, now you can really come down on the $%^@#d's that
>won't follow the RULEBOOK.
>
>... and further petulant trash.....

What is this?  I've been through various fazes of reading and then not
reading usenet over the last two years.  The very first time I poked my
nose into all of this two and some odd years ago, I found all sorts of
info that tried to impress me with my responsibility as a participant.
I was given detailed instructions about about how usenet was constructed
and the various folks who put lots of their own precious time and energy
into keeping the thing from falling apart.

I go away for about a year and come back and I find something truly amazing!
There seems to be an increase in spoiled little computer twits who seem to
think that everybody in the world owes them something because they are the
world's next unhailed genius who won't be recognized until several generations
after their death for the incredible contributions they made to the world.

I've followed the stupidities that seem to keep getting thrown at Gene. I
haven't entered into it thinking that reason will prevail and all the facts
will come to light calming the little nitwits out there who are probably
more jealous of Spaf than anything else.  From what I've seen, Spaf has done
an amazing job of keeping his cool under fire and the only thing I REALLY
wonder about is why he keeps trying.

Look, all you jerks out there who know how to administrate usenet better
than anyone else, I have a suggestion.  Gain enough control of your local
sites so that you can start running things locally the way you think is best.
Ignore the backbone, talk to who you want, follow your own dream.  You may
find yourself  very surprised at the way things turn out. You may find
yourself very alone and isolated, you may find that usenet finally totally
breaks down.  Maybe the time has come for that to happen.  When such a large
and vocal number of people seem to find more pleasure in cutting down the
people who trying to do something productive without taking any productive
ACTION themselves, maybe it's time for the productive ones to move to
other pastures.

SHUTUP OR PUTUP.  READ THE MONTHLY ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT HAVE DESCRIBED ALL THE
THINGS YOU DON'T SEEM TO KNOW FOR LONGER THAN YOU'VE APPARANTLY BEEN ON THE
NET.  YOU DON'T LIKE IT?  **CONSTRUCTIVELY**  SUGGEST CHANGES OR CREATE
YOU'RE OWN DAMN NETWORK.

Bunch of immature little pissants!

Sorry folks, I got this article late at night.  I've been in a bad mood
and I just drank a 1/4 bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream.  Rationality and
logic went out the window hours ago, but I really have had enough of these
whiny bitchy articles dumping on the backbone admins for trying to do their
jobs.

DOWN WITH USENET!

(My only prayer at this point is that george@sysvis was attempting some form
of subtle sarcasm or teasing that goes over my head.  Well, I'm still annoyed.
tough, I can be as childish as the worst of you out there!)