[net.followup] Furniture purchase from High Point, NC

stu16@whuxl.UUCP (SMITH) (01/14/86)

     Yes, yes, yes!. They are VERY reliable. You will also
get very well crafted furniture as the manufacturers rely on
word of mouth compliments. We ordered thru one of these
"jobbers" several years ago, and were told we could order
from as many different manufacturers as we wished - all in
the same order. (The jobbers were Hendricks). We got
Thomasville, Drexel, United and Basset. Everything was
delivered at the same time, unloaded and checked by the
drivers BEFORE they would accept payment. It turned out that
most of the pieces were HANDCRAFTED! And signed by the
workpersons responsible for the parts made by them.
     You will also be asked to pick the upholstery fabric
that you like best, at no extra charge. Needless to say, we
were very pleased, and still are.
--
whuxl!stu16

epf@mtgzz.UUCP (e.p.felt) (01/15/86)

I checked all of the references too, and still had a bad experience with
the Edgar B. Furniture Plantation of NC.  They forwarded my order to a
manufacturer which for some reason couldn't or wouldn't produce the goods
(I never was told why).  It took almost one year to get a refund, after many
phone calls and letters.  They wanted to keep 20% of my downpayment for a
"restocking fee".  I received a complete refund only after filing a mail
fraud complaint.

maeder@ethz.UUCP (Roman Maeder) (01/21/86)

In article <843@hou2d.UUCP> lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:

>*
>Open question to the net-
                      ^^^^  the return-key strikes again...

>I am looking for info regarding purchase of furniture
>via outlets in High Point, NC.

>Thanx in advance.
>LWS
>hou2d!lws
>*

Do you remember having ever heard something that sounded like
"distribution"?

(Actually there is a very nice funiture store just around the
corner. :-)

--
							Roman Maeder

It is now pitch dark. If you proceed you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

bls@nbires.UUCP (01/23/86)

Although it was some years ago when I lived in Raleigh, my experience
with Hendricks Furniture in Mocksville, N. C. was quite positive.  I did
contact them recently, and they sent me a large package of blurbs from
various manufacturers.  (They deal with about 75 different ones, including
all of the NC high-quality biggies.)  I decided not to order from them this
time because they have so few orders from Colorado that I would have either
had to wait a long time for delivery (until they filled a truck) or pay such
large shipping costs that it offset the significant savings on the furniture
itself.  People on the East Coast would probably not have this problem.

I know lots of folks that have dealt with Hendricks, and no one has had
any problems.