[gnu.gcc.bug] 1.36 dies in qsort on Sun/4 during bootstrap

fischer@iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) (09/29/89)

In article <8909282306.AA00537@llama.rtech.com> think!rtech!llama!daveb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (...But we WILL find it!) writes:
>So far 1.36 is 2 for 4.  Sequent and Sun were OK.  The tahoe and sparc
>seem to have the same problem.  It went away on the tahoe when I used
>a -g compiled qsort, but when I did the same thing on the sparc, it
>still went died:

I just installed gcc-1.36 on our new SPARCstation1's (SunOS 4.0.3).
Compiled and worked right out the box, as always with GNU products :-).
What kind of Sun/4 are you using? Which version of SunOS?

I just exercised gcc by compiling New Jersey SML, with all kinds of
optimizations. That used to fail on the Sun/3-60 using gcc-1.35, but now
it works nicely, and fast too!

Keep up the good GNUwork! (can't wait to get g++ 1.36 up...).

/Lars
--
Copyright 1989 Lars Fischer; you can redistribute only if your recipients can.
Lars Fischer,  fischer@iesd.auc.dk, {...}!mcvax!iesd!fischer

"I could have done it in a much more complicated
way", said the Red Queen, immensely proud.
			-- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

dwf%hope@LANL.GOV (David W. Forslund) (09/29/89)

Lars P. Fischer writes:
 > In article <8909282306.AA00537@llama.rtech.com> think!rtech!llama!daveb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (...But we WILL find it!) writes:
 > >So far 1.36 is 2 for 4.  Sequent and Sun were OK.  The tahoe and sparc
 > >seem to have the same problem.  It went away on the tahoe when I used
 > >a -g compiled qsort, but when I did the same thing on the sparc, it
 > >still went died:
 >
 > I just installed gcc-1.36 on our new SPARCstation1's (SunOS 4.0.3).
 > Compiled and worked right out the box, as always with GNU products :-).
 > What kind of Sun/4 are you using? Which version of SunOS?
 >
 > I just exercised gcc by compiling New Jersey SML, with all kinds of
 > optimizations. That used to fail on the Sun/3-60 using gcc-1.35, but now
 > it works nicely, and fast too!
 >
 > Keep up the good GNUwork! (can't wait to get g++ 1.36 up...).
 >
 > /Lars
 > --
 > Copyright 1989 Lars Fischer; you can redistribute only if your recipients can.
 > Lars Fischer,  fischer@iesd.auc.dk, {...}!mcvax!iesd!fischer
 > Department of Computer Science, University of Aalborg, DENMARK.
 >
 > "I could have done it in a much more complicated
 > way", said the Red Queen, immensely proud.
 > 			-- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland

Likewise here.  Compiled without trouble on 4/260 running OS4.0.3
through stage2.

Also looking forward to g++-1.36.

David Forslund
MS E531