[net.games.rogue] Question about effect of armor

cahill@took.DEC (03/21/84)

----
|DUV#####
|@P|    ########
----

Question:  Exactly what effect does the wearing of armor have on the
outcome of a battle?

Now before I get swamped with about a thousand answers of the form "The
lower the armor class, the better your protection," let me add that I'm
well aware of the fact that your armor class rating goes down a point
when you read a scroll of 'enchant armor.'  What I'm looking for is how
that armor class rating figures into the formula #d#, which is used to
determine how hard the monster hits you.  Has anyone come across this
before?

The version I'm currently playing identifies itself as "Rogue version 4.07."
I've often played good (very good!) games without wearing any armor at
all, until about level 19, due to fear of the ugly rust monsters.

	Jim Cahill
	{decvax, ucbvax, allegra, ...}!decwrl!rhea!took!cahill

bsw@cbosgd.UUCP (Ben Walls) (03/23/84)

Newsgroups: net.games.rogue
Subject: Re: Question about effect of armor

	The AC number does not effect the #d# damage, but the lower the
	number, The less chance the monster has to hit you.

	Ben Walls
	...cbosgd!bsw