[net.followup] Need phone number for ASC II output of exact time

ron@brl-smoke.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (01/15/86)

It's not ASC II, it's ASCII.  The II stands for Information Interchange
not the roman numeral 2.

Anyway, I used to have a number for the Naval Observatory clock in
Washington, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

-Ron

ee178ado@sdcc7.UUCP (BRUCE BINDER) (02/01/86)

In article <614@brl-smoke.ARPA>, ron@brl-smoke.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) writes:
> It's not ASC II, it's ASCII.  The II stands for Information Interchange
> not the roman numeral 2.
>
> Anyway, I used to have a number for the Naval Observatory clock in
> Washington, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
>
> -Ron

The national atomic clock is located in Boulder, Colorado.  The
National Bureau of Standards broadcasts the correct time (GMT) on a
number of short wave bands (2.5, 5.0, 10.0 among others--I don't
know what units these are in).  They also broadcast over the phone.
I don't remember the number but you should be able to get it through
information in Boulder.