[net.followup] Proposal from net.columbia

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (02/06/86)

It is unfortunate that the article to which this is a followup was
posted to net.general.  This topic is already being discussed in
net.news.group and net.columbia -- the newsgroups where it *should* be
discussed.  Please, please DO NOT post articles to net.general or
net.followup on this topic -- we don't need the volume nor do we need
more postings of "me too" or "hell no" from people who haven't followed
the discussion or thought about the ramifications.

The discussion in net.news.group and net.columbia so far has a majority
in favor of *not* changing the name for some very good reasons.  If you
have any interest in the idea at all (pro or con) read the postings
that have already been made to net.news.group, especially the last 15
or 20.  Then MAIL your opinions on the topic to one of the people who
have volunteered to accept such comments:  burl!wts or felix!bytebug.
They will summarize to the net in a few weeks.

All followups to this article will go to net.news.group and
net.columbia ONLY.
--
Gene "writing furiously" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332-0280

bob@plus5.UUCP (Bob Simpson) (02/06/86)

In article <82900003@haddock.UUCP>, jimc@haddock.UUCP writes:
> I am taking the liberty of forwarding this from net.columbia:
>
> /* Written  8:27 pm  Jan 28, 1986 by wts@burl in haddock:net.columbia */
> After all the previous discussion of the renaming of this newsgroup to
> something else, I now suggest that this newsgroup be renamed net.challenger
> in loving memory of those seven who met their tragic end this the morning of
> January 28, 1986.

	Discussion of net group revisions should be made in net.news.group and
	I have revised the "Followup-To" of this posting to reflect this.
	Before everyone starts posting "me too" articles in net.general and
	net.followup I suggest that they read the previous notes posted to
	net.news.group.
--
#C	Bob Simpson
#E	..!{ihnp4,cbosgd,seismo}!plus5!bob