[net.followup] BOSE ACOUSTIC WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM

flackc@stolaf.UUCP (Chap Flack) (02/09/86)

> BOSE ACOUSTIC WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM
> [...]
> SO THE POINT IS THIS......You can spend more money on a system that does
> less....or you can spend less on a Bose Acoustic Wave Music System that
> DOES MORE.
>
> FOR MORE INFORMATION OR A DEMONSTRATION IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA
> CALL  Brian Shaban (617)647-9037
> or mail internet to:	h-sc4!shaban@harvard.harvard.edu

Haven't we already spent more money than we really wanted to on telephone
charges to distribute your advertisement world-wide?

hes@ecsvax.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) (02/09/86)

As for me, I'd rather the postings were restricted to
dinette sets and earrings. :-)
--henry schaffer

wayne@ada-uts.UUCP (02/11/86)

> FOR MORE INFORMATION OR A DEMONSTRATION IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA
> CALL  Brian Shaban (617)647-9037
> or mail internet to:	h-sc4!shaban@harvard.harvard.edu
> ----------

I have a better idea:  why don't we call him up and tell him to learn
to read?

"Introduction to posting to net.general", an article frequently posted
to this news group, says:
                               ---------
What is appropriate to post to net.general?
    The only articles appropriate to net.general are articles of general
    interest and importance to *EVERYONE* on the net.  This includes readers
    of the net in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, and the USA -- readers at
    over 1100 sites around the world.

    Announcements of items for sale, test messages, announcements of local
    seminars, postings of sources or bugs, enquiries as to the whereabouts of
    old friends, and the like are *NOT* to be posted to net.general.
    Followups to articles in net.general are also NOT supposed to go to
    net.general; there is a "net.followup" specifically for that purpose.

    By convention, anything posted to net.general should *NOT* be posted to
    any other "net" group, except perhaps "net.announce" (which is a
    moderated group).

Where do I post those articles then?
    Look for a local or regional group first, and use the distribution
    feature of "postnews" (see the "man" page for postnews and/or the
    articles in "net.announce.newusers" for specifics on how to do this).
                               ---------

First of all, this is NOT of general importance, for it is geared to the
New England area.  Secondly, it is a commercial, not an article.  This is
bad, bad, bad, bad.... Third, he posted it to several news groups.

Either he doesn\'t have the sense to read rules, or he has a blatant
disregard for them.  Do we want this person to be walking on our streets
knowing he could molest our children or murder at will because he chooses
not to follow an accepted code of ethics?  NO!!!!

I hate commercials.  Especially on a medium where commercials are
supposedly forbidden.  Let's hope this doesn\'t happen again.

Besides, the sound system is not that great.

Wayne Wylupski                   ...!{ihnp4,ima}!inmet!ada-uts!wayne
"To know no History is to remain a child all one's life."  -- Cicero

hedger@ada-uts.UUCP (02/11/86)

What will they think of next????
Are we going to have people using the network to sell us tvs, washers,dryers,
armpit spray, etc. etc. etc.?????
I SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the author of this note wants to advertise, he can buy time on
television like the wall street assholes....the network isn't for this purpose.
Selling a used stereo or guitar amp is one thing (done in the proper notesfile)
but I don't need to see commercials on the network, and I don't think the rest
of you out there do either, do you????
keith hedger
ihnp4!inmet!ada-uts!hedger
intermetrics
cambridge, mass.

jack@glasgow.glasgow.UUCP (Jack Campin) (02/11/86)

> BOSE ACOUSTIC WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM

<large quantities of sales pitch>

> FOR MORE INFORMATION OR A DEMONSTRATION IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA
> CALL  Brian Shaban (617)647-9037
> or mail internet to:	h-sc4!shaban@harvard.harvard.edu

This is a gross abuse of the network.
If this guy's system manager is listening, GET HIM OFF IT NOW!

jack campin

ben@catnip.UUCP (Bennett Broder) (02/14/86)

In article <5077@stolaf.UUCP>, flackc@stolaf.UUCP (Chap Flack) writes:
> > BOSE ACOUSTIC WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM
> > [...]
> > FOR MORE INFORMATION OR A DEMONSTRATION IN THE NEW ENGLAND AREA
> > CALL  Brian Shaban (617)647-9037
> > or mail internet to:	h-sc4!shaban@harvard.harvard.edu
>
> Haven't we already spent more money than we really wanted to on telephone
> charges to distribute your advertisement world-wide?

I am certainly not in favor of seeing the network become an haven
for those seeking free advertising, but:

I am just as sick of seeing a million followups everytime someone
posts an inappropriate article.  If the net police are upset about
the X dollars in phone charges spent to send the ad, isn't it even
more foolish to spend 30*X dollars to transmit to the whole country
the type of article quoted above in one redundant followup after the
next?

Please folks, *mail*, do not post, your objections to inappropriate
articles and transgressions of usenet netiquette.

Thank you

--

Ben Broder
{ihnp4,decvax} !hjuxa!catnip!ben