[comp.lang.scheme.c] Where can I get a copy of the Scheme Manual?

and@ux.rfhsm.lon.ac.UK (Andy Holyer) (08/14/90)

I've just got scheme going on our system here, but now we have the
problem of getting hold of a manual to find out how to make it fly.
The site I got it from, Imperial College London, doesn't appear to
have the man.tar.Z file, and from what I can work out, Zurich doesn't
allow anonymous logins except between 9pm and 3am. Problem: translate
that into British Summer Time, and you've got between 3am and 9am :-(
No way Hose'... Does anyone know a site which has a copy of the
manual? I've just installed dist. 7.0 if that helps. A site on JANET
would do, or one which will talk ot  a TRICKLE server, or a site on
Internet which resonds to anonymous FTP at sensible times.

	Oh, yes and I suppose it's in TEX? :-(. That'll do, at least
if it's in texinfo, but it's less than ideal, 'cos I can't run TEX -
don't have the output device to handle it. Postscript would do, or
plain text....

|       &&       |                                                           |
|      &  &      |       &ndy Holyer                                         |
|      &  &      |       Snail:  Dept. of Medical Informatics & Computing,   |
|       &&       |               Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine,     |
|      &  &   &  |               Rowland Hill St.                            |
|     &    & &   |               London NW3 2PF                              |
|    &      &    |               England                                     |
|    &     & &   |       JANET:  and@uk.ac.lon.rfhsm.ux                      |
|     &   &   &  |       Voice:  (+44) 1 794 8673                            |
|      &&&     & |                                                           |
|----------------+-----------------------------------------------------------|
| "It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my mouth hurt"       |
|                                          Frank N. Furter                   |

cph@ZURICH.AI.MIT.EDU (Chris Hanson) (08/17/90)

   From: Andy Holyer <and@ux.rfhsm.lon.ac.uk>
   Date:  Tue, 14 Aug 90 10:10:15 GMT

   I've just got scheme going on our system here, but now we have the
   problem of getting hold of a manual to find out how to make it fly.
   The site I got it from, Imperial College London, doesn't appear to
   have the man.tar.Z file, and from what I can work out, Zurich doesn't
   allow anonymous logins except between 9pm and 3am. Problem: translate
   that into British Summer Time, and you've got between 3am and 9am :-(
   No way Hose'... Does anyone know a site which has a copy of the
   manual?

I've just set up a new FTP site to serve Scheme:

	altdorf.ai.mit.edu
	18.43.0.246

This site carries the complete Scheme distribution.  Also, I believe
its network software performs somewhat better than Zurich's.