[comp.os.v] Info request

mrs10@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Miriam R Schuman) (12/05/90)

Is anybody out there?

I need some info on VMTP---impementations available, details, etc.

Also, what is the status of V?

Also, does anybody have the e-mail address for the V people?

Thanks in advance.

wade@ki.msc.umn.edu (Wade Stebbings) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec5.032251.5194@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> mrs10@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Miriam R Schuman) writes:

> Is anybody out there?
>
> I need some info on VMTP---impementations available, details, etc.
>
>    [... stuff deleted ...]

I have wondered this myself.  In the past few months, I have sent two
requests to "vmtp-ip-request@gregorio.stanford.edu" to be put on the
list, and I have heard nothing.  I'm not sure if the traffic is zero,
or that my request to be put on the list was somehow misplaced.  But I
would have thought there to be more interest in something like VMTP.

For your own ventures, you might also start with anonymous FTP to
gregorio.stanford.edu under the vmtp-ip directory.  I have grabbed the
vmtp.README, vmtp.LICENSE, and vmtpspec.psf files so far.  Read the
license agreement, it is not a trivial one.  This is why I hesitated
in using VMTP in the first place, and why I wanted to learn more about
VMTP before pursuing it any further.  The file vmtpspec.psf is a Post-
Script version of the RFC describing VMTP--it is big, and full of info.

Good luck!

      /     Wade M. Stebbings    Minnesota Supercomputer Center   /
     /    E-mail wade@msc.edu    1200 Washington Avenue South    /
    /   Phone +1 612 626-1836    Minneapolis, MN 55415  USA     /