[comp.sys.ti.explorer] miscellaneous

mvm@isoftfr.UUCP (Michel Manago) (06/11/90)

The CLOS implementation on PROCYON Common Lisp (on the mac) is also quite
good. Unfortunately, they dont yet have the condition system in.

I believe that LISP is able to talk to the mac on the microexplorer using
the RPC protocol but that this only works under MPW 2.2 (with C).
The libraries have not been upgraded for talking to MPW C 3.0 and thus,
unless TI invest in doing so, chances are that it wont work under release 7.
In which case it simply means that the microExplorer, as a product, will be
dead. Comments someone?

							M Manago
							INTELLISOFT

nagase@dsg.csc.ti.com (N Nagase) (06/13/90)

  >> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 09:33:54 +0200
  >> From: isoftfr!mvm@ti-csl.csc.ti.com (Michel Manago)
  >> Subject: miscellaneous
  >>
  >> I believe that LISP is able to talk to the mac on the microexplorer using
  >> the RPC protocol but that this only works under MPW 2.2 (with C).
  >> The libraries have not been upgraded for talking to MPW C 3.0 and thus,
  >> unless TI invest in doing so, chances are that it wont work under release 7.
  >> In which case it simply means that the microExplorer, as a product, will be
  >> dead. Comments someone?
  >>
  >> 							M Manago
  >> 							INTELLISOFT

The next release of microExplorer will support MPW 3.0.  But
then, it will not MPW 2.0 obviously.

Regards,
N Nagase