[comp.sys.ti.explorer] XWM documentation/help?

olsen@HECATE.LL.MIT.EDU (06/15/90)

Can anyone point me at some documentation about the xwm X
window manager in the public directory in the Release 6 distribution?

I've been looking for an explorer-resident window manager.  Is this
xwm worthwhile/working?

hans@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Hans Chalupsky) (06/16/90)

In article <9006151302.AA23443@hecate.ll.mit.edu> olsen@xn.ll.mit.edu writes:
>Can anyone point me at some documentation about the xwm X
>window manager in the public directory in the Release 6 distribution?
>
>I've been looking for an explorer-resident window manager.  Is this
>xwm worthwhile/working?

It's working. You don't need docs, just play around with the menu items on top
of the windows. You can basically move, iconize, raise/lower and resize.
I don't think you can define menus as in twm for example.

Is it worthwhile? There are/were some prblems with TI's X-server - twm does
not work too well with it, so xwm might be your best/only choice.

Hans