[alt.sources.amiga] Welcome to alt.sources.amiga

karl@sugar.hackercorp.com (Karl Lehenbauer) (10/24/89)

Alt.sources.amiga is an unmoderated newsgroup intended for the posting of
source code to Amiga computer programs.  Binaries are OK in a pinch.

Alt.sources.amiga was created to alleviate long delays in getting programs
through the moderated Amiga newsgroups, comp.sources.amiga and
comp.binaries.amiga.

It is expected that alt.sources.amiga's usage will vary a lot based on how the
current moderator of the aforementioned comp groups is doing in getting
programs out.

Since alt.sources.amiga used to be moderated, there are still quite a few sites
who think it is, and posting things to the group still causes your message
to be bounced back to sugar from all over the country.
For the next few weeks, if you can, please stick an "Approved:" line in
the header of your posting.  (This is trivial for rn users; vnews/readnews
users will have to queue directly to inews)  If you don't know how to do
this, please mail your posting to amiga-sources@sugar.hackercorp.com
(uunet!sugar!amiga-sources) and we will post it for you.  Once most of the
sites who have missed or not executed the control message to make
alt.sources.amiga unmoderated, you will be able to post to it as to any
other unmoderated newsgroup.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl	"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that
-- 			 flags do not wave in a vacuum."  -- Arthur C. Clarke

> If you don't know how to do
> this, please mail your posting to amiga-sources@sugar.hackercorp.com
> (uunet!sugar!amiga-sources) and we will post it for you.

If you do this, please say in the subject line that the message is for
posting, like so:

	Subject: POST whatever...

I get a lot of bounced mail at this adress, because of the sites that think
I'm still moderating it. This will tell me not to just kill your message.

Thanks.
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva      `-_-'
...texbell!sugar!peter, or peter@sugar.hackercorp.com  'U`