[alt.sources.amiga] Elvis

In article <1991Mar1.181320.6868@infonode.ingr.com> hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:
> While in search of a vi editor for the Amiga, I came aross something
> called elvis.  All that was in the archive was some binary files, the
> editor, and a termcap file.  No docs.

Yep, it's a quick port, not amiga-ised. There is a guy out there somewhere
doing a real Amiga port, and I have not got the time to do it myself. There
has been a complete major release since I started my port, so I've been
putting it on hold. This program is a teaser and an incentive for the guy
doing the real port to get it done.

> How do you get this program to run.

Put the termcap file in S: under the name "termcap", set your TERM environment
variable to "amiga" and type "elvis".

The "termlib" library it uses as previously been posted to alt.sources.amiga.
I could post it again if it might encourage someone with more time to spare
to get the port done right.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.