[alt.sources.amiga] HEY! What's with the TAIPAN demo???

kskelm@happy.colorado.edu (05/24/91)

   Talk about your disappointments!!!!!

   I spent all night downloading from AB20 the Taipan1A/1B/2A/2B.DMS files,
for what is supposed to be a great 2 disk, 24 song demo, I unpack it all,
and on reboot of the first disk, it just trackloads and flashes the blue
screen a couple of times, and DIES!!!!

   What gives?  Anyone able to make this thing work???

    Thanks!

|      ///  Kevin "Visionary will be done RSN" Kelm          |
|     ///  kskelm@happy.colorado.edu                         |
| \\\/// "Reality is subjective-- if you can make your own,  |
|  \XX/ then who's crazy? That's entertainment software!"-me |
| C code run.  Run, code, run--PLEASE!                       |

mark@zach.fit.edu ( Mark R. Craig) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May24.070834.1@happy.colorado.edu> kskelm@happy.colorado.edu writes:

 >   Talk about your disappointments!!!!!
 >
 >   I spent all night downloading from AB20 the Taipan1A/1B/2A/2B.DMS files,
 >for what is supposed to be a great 2 disk, 24 song demo, I unpack it all,
 >and on reboot of the first disk, it just trackloads and flashes the blue
 >screen a couple of times, and DIES!!!!
 >
 >   What gives?  Anyone able to make this thing work???
 >

 >    Thanks!
 >
 >+------------------------------------------------------------+
 >|      ///  Kevin "Visionary will be done RSN" Kelm          |
 >|     ///  kskelm@happy.colorado.edu                         |
 >| \\\/// "Reality is subjective-- if you can make your own,  |
 >|  \XX/ then who's crazy? That's entertainment software!"-me |
 >| C code run.  Run, code, run--PLEASE!                       |

Same thing happened to me, and I still don't know what the solution is...
I ran it in PAL mode (I have an NTSC Amiga 2000) and it still didn't work...
Anyone have a solution?  (I know some people have gotten it to work (one of
which said the demo wasn't that good)...

Mark R. Craig
Internet:  mark@zach.fit.edu
UUCP:      ...!winnie!zach!mark