[can.sun-stroke] Kermit for Sun?

lyndon@ers.uucp (Lyndon Nerenberg) (09/30/88)

I am in need of Kermit source that will run under SunOS 3.5.
It must provide a server mode, and should allow us to tune
things for reasonable throughput to systems dialing up over
Datapac.

Anyone have such a beast?

gerry@geaclib.UUCP (Gerry Singleton) (10/02/88)

In article <427@apss.apss.ab.ca> lyndon@nexus.ca writes:
>I am in need of Kermit source that will run under SunOS 3.5.
>It must provide a server mode, and should allow us to tune
>things for reasonable throughput to systems dialing up over
>Datapac.
>
>Anyone have such a beast?

For myself, I found the best source of CURRENT kermit sources to be the
Columbia University distribution tapes.  You can't get more current than
these except by being on the development team.

Within Canada I'm certain someone has reasonably current sources they'd
be willing to share.  I can offer C-kermit(066) if that's all you can
get.  BTW C-kermit offers all the features you need and I understand
later version have sliding windows.

ger

--
G. Roderick Singleton              |  "ALL animals are created equal,
   <gerry@syntron.uucp>,           |   BUT some animals are MORE