[can.sun-stroke] SIOCGIFNETMASK equiv. under 3.5?

lyndon@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (06/27/89)

Does anyone know of a way to pick up the netmask and broadcast mask
of an IP interface under SunOS3.5? I need to emulate the facility
provided by SIOCGIFNETMASK and SIOCGIFBRDADDR under 4.3.

--
Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
    {alberta,decwrl,ncc}!atha!lyndon || lyndon@cs.AthabascaU.CA

dennis@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Dennis Ferguson) (06/29/89)

In article <649@aurora.AthabascaU.CA> lyndon@cs.AthabascaU.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
> Does anyone know of a way to pick up the netmask and broadcast mask
> of an IP interface under SunOS3.5? I need to emulate the facility
> provided by SIOCGIFNETMASK and SIOCGIFBRDADDR under 4.3.

Both requests can be done under SunOS3.5.  The only differences from 4.3
that I'm aware of are that ifreq.ifr_broadaddr doesn't exist (you
get the broadcast address from ifreq.ifr_addr instead) and that
the netmask returned by the other request can sometimes be 0.0.0.0
when subnetting isn't being done.

Dennis