[net.games.rogue] MacRogue available?

grw@fortune.UUCP (Glenn Wichman) (08/06/84)

bip.

	Although no firm dates are available at this time, well,
    let's just say that the Rogue Development Team is VERY impressed
    with the MacIntosh, and we can't wait to get started...  I don't
    want to say much more at this time.

							-Glenn

byron@eosp1.UUCP (Byron Han) (08/07/84)

Actually I hope that the mouse is not used at all during the play of the
game.  It would definitely detract from the flavor of the game.  Please
oh please o great Rogue Development Gods please do not use the mouse if
at all possible.  We want to get reamed in the way we are used to....

-------------------------------------<bh>--------------------------------------
Really: Byron Han 		USENET:  allegra!princeton!eosp1!byron
USnail: Exxon Office Systems	         allegra!princeton!eosp1!zerg2!byron
	Forrestal Center    	BITNET:  6017040 @ PUCC (out of money)
	500 College Rd. East		 TS2552 @ OHSTVMA (not there now)
	Princeton, NJ 08540	AT&Tnet: 609-734-9200, ext. 299

cem@intelca.UUCP (Chuck McManis) (08/08/84)

But wouldn't it be nice to have the map drawn like a map and the
rooms and monsters look like monsters, (a little dragon to flame
you eh?) And I for one would like to be able to put the mouse cursor
on a spot and click and have the rogue run there. Same with monsters,
point to the beastie and go click-click-click and hit him/her three times.
'course we will be wanting a separate scrolling window for messages and
a pop up menu with the inventory in it...

--
-- Chuck                                    - - - D I S C L A I M E R - - -
{ihnp4,fortune}!Dual\                     All opinions expressed herein are my

barnett@ut-sally.UUCP (Lewis Barnett) (08/10/84)

>From: byron@eosp1.UUCP (Byron Han)

>Actually I hope that the mouse is not used at all during the play of the
>game.  It would definitely detract from the flavor of the game.  Please
>oh please o great Rogue Development Gods please do not use the mouse if
>at all possible.  We want to get reamed in the way we are used to....

I agree that the mouse should not be used to move the rogue around in the
dungeon, but in thinking about rogue on the Mac, I decided there were one
or two things that could be done with the mouse that would be very nice.
The principal one is doing inventories as pull-down menus.  It'd be
great to have a separate menu for scrolls, potions, etc., and to use
the mouse to select what you want to read, quaff, etc.  And how about
a controlled teleport scroll?  Read the scroll, point the mouse where
you want to wind up, and click.  Could come in mighty handy!  But then,
the aim of Rogue has never been to make things easy for the Rogueist.

Lewis Barnett,CS Dept, Painter Hall 3.28, Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX 78712

-- barnett@ut-sally.ARPA, barnett@ut-sally.UUCP,
      {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!barnett