Date:       7-Mar-1990 07:29pm EST
From:       Glenn Dollar
Dept:       Symp. Committee

Subject:    RSTS Birthday Info
Doc Number: 001426

                        A N N O U N C E M E N T

        RSTS/E will celebrate its 20th birthday at the Spring 90
        DECUS Symposium in New Orleans during the week of May 6.

        Sessions during the symposia will begin with a RSTS V4A
        ANNOUNCEMENT and follow the evolution of the "heart" of
        DEC operating systems with the BEST AND WORST OF SPRs.

        There will be a special program Wednesday evening featuring
        past and current developers of RSTS and members of the user
        community that have contributed to the success of RSTS during
        the past 20 years.

        Admission to the Wednesday evening event is open to all with
        the purchase of a $25 ticket.  The party will start at 7:30 pm and
        dinner will be served at 8:00 pm.
        Tickets may be purchased with the Symposium Registration Form
        or if space is still available, on-site at the DECUS store.
        Registration for DECUS is not required for this special event.

        Awards will include serious door prizes as well as special
        awards that will be presented by RSTS's own BOZO.

        Come help "SHARE" in commemorating "the" DEC operating system
        of choice (over "TIME").  Re-live experiences of the operating
        system that captured the "HEARTS" of the people, produced
        applications in the White House, and migrated from New England
        back across the waters to the UK and beyond.

        Dan Stoller
        Assistant RSTS/E Symposium Coordinator

emcguire@cadfx.ccad.uiowa.edu (Ed McGuire,1410 EB,,) (03/21/90)

From article <47.2603063f@spcvxa.spc.edu>, by terry@spcvxa.spc.edu
(Terry Kennedy):

> Date:       7-Mar-1990 07:29pm EST
> From:       Glenn Dollar
> Dept:       Symp. Committee
>
> Subject:    RSTS Birthday Info
> Doc Number: 001426
>
>         RSTS/E will celebrate its 20th birthday at the Spring 90
>         DECUS Symposium in New Orleans during the week of May 6.

Oh, DRAT.  I'm very sorry I'll miss this.  Is there anybody here
reading news who is helping to organize this event?  I would like to
share _The Ballad of RSTS/E_ and _The DCL Blues_ with the folks at the
party, perhaps a taped performance.

peace.  -- Ed

"I've been indirected and abbreviated, lexical functed and symbol
substituted."

minow@mountn.dec.com (Martin Minow) (03/22/90)

In article <1002@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> emcguire@cadfx.ccad.uiowa.edu
(Ed McGuire,1410 EB,,) writes:

>Oh, DRAT.  I'm very sorry I'll miss this.  Is there anybody here
>reading news who is helping to organize this event?  I would like to
>share _The Ballad of RSTS/E_ and _The DCL Blues_ with the folks at the
>party, perhaps a taped performance.

I'll certainly be there.

Send your stuff along and I'll pass it on to the organizers.

Good to hear from the old crowd.  I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about.

Martin.
minow@thundr.enet.dec.com