[comp.os.rsts] Looking for BASIC-PLUS decompiler

terry@spcvxa.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy) (04/07/90)

In article <KPH.90Apr5224942@dustbin.cisco.com>, kph@dustbin.cisco.com (Kevin Paul Herbert) writes:
> Does anyone have a copy of either PPCODE/DECOMP or any other .BAC to .BAS
> translator? I know I can get it from DECUS, but if someone on the internet
> could make a copy available to me, I'd appreciate it.

  The only one I know of is the one Silver Programs sells (see previous items
in this newsgroup for their address/phone). Since I have theirs, I never went
looking for a public-domain one. I have many of the RSTS SIG tapes from past
years, so if you have an idea when it came out I can look for it...

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry@spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry@spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381

kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman) (04/08/90)

In article <95.261d5ce8@spcvxa.spc.edu> terry@spcvxa.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy) writes:
>In article <KPH.90Apr5224942@dustbin.cisco.com>, kph@dustbin.cisco.com (Kevin Paul Herbert) writes:
>> Does anyone have a copy of either PPCODE/DECOMP or any other .BAC to .BAS
>> translator?

>  The only one I know of is the one Silver Programs sells (see previous items
>in this newsgroup for their address/phone). Since I have theirs, I never went
>looking for a public-domain one. I have many of the RSTS SIG tapes from past
>years, so if you have an idea when it came out I can look for it...

I had a program called DECOMP back in 1979. It was stolen from my
account on the ARK and got fairly wide distribution. If I recall
correctly, someone put it on a demo machine at the 1980 Chicago DECUS
Symposium. I don't know if it made it to the official tape. But my guess
would be to look around 1980 and 1981 for a copy of DECOMP.

Stephen Kurtzman             | "Bud growing up at me,
kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu      |  resentful face I see,

:
: >  The only one I know of is the one Silver Programs sells (see previous items
: >in this newsgroup for their address/phone). Since I have theirs, I never went
: >looking for a public-domain one. I have many of the RSTS SIG tapes from past
: >years, so if you have an idea when it came out I can look for it...
:
: I had a program called DECOMP back in 1979. It was stolen from my
: account on the ARK and got fairly wide distribution. If I recall
: correctly, someone put it on a demo machine at the 1980 Chicago DECUS
: Symposium. I don't know if it made it to the official tape. But my guess
: would be to look around 1980 and 1981 for a copy of DECOMP.

I wrote one once.  It was called BACBAS.  I've got a copy of it on some
tape somewhere, and if ya asks nicely, I might see if I can drag it out.
I'd have to find an 800 bpi tape drive somewhere...

Larry Wall
lwall@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov