[comp.os.rsts] RSTS/E Training Courses

stevedc@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Stephen Carter) (11/05/90)

I have just taken on a new member of staff in my operations section.  So
I did what I do for all new members of staff in that position, I tried
to get him on a RSTS/E in an Operations Environement Course.

DEC (UK) No longer offer this course.

DEC (UK) No longer offer any RSTS COurses.

Two questions:

1.  Does anyone in the UK have any good iead about where/how I can get
    this bloke trained.

2.  Is this removal of training for RSTS worldwide, or are the DEC (UK)
    folk simply being daft?

Stephen Carter, Systems Manager, The Administration,
The University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RH, UK
Tel: +44 273 678203  Fax: +44 273 678335     JANET: stevedc@uk.ac.sussex.syma
EARN/BITNET  : stevedc@syma.sussex.ac.uk      UUCP: stevedc@syma.uucp
ARPA/INTERNET: stevedc%syma.sussex.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

terry@spcvxb.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr) (11/06/90)

In article <3741@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, stevedc@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Stephen Carter) writes:

> I have just taken on a new member of staff in my operations section.  So
> I did what I do for all new members of staff in that position, I tried
> to get him on a RSTS/E in an Operations Environement Course.
>
> 2.  Is this removal of training for RSTS worldwide, or are the DEC (UK)
>     folk simply being daft?

  I think the last offered course here in the US was "RSTS/E V9 Update",
back in the Spring of 1985. Europe tends to be a larger customer for PDP-11
systems, so they probably offered these courses longer over there.

  There were a set of book-based self-paced instruction kits, RSTS/E User
and RSTS/E Management, also both discontinued.

  You could call Mr. Peter Dick of Silver Programs at (0256)881658. He does
various interesting things with RSTS/E, and I believe he also offers train-
ing. His complete address is:

	Silver Programs Ltd
	Latchmere Green
	Little London
	Hampshire RG26 5EJ

  I hope this helps...

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry@spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry@spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381

stevedc@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Stephen Carter) (11/12/90)

From article <1990Nov5.214801.723@spcvxb.spc.edu>, by terry@spcvxb.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr):

>   You could call Mr. Peter Dick of Silver Programs at (0256)881658. He does

> 	Silver Programs Ltd
> 	Latchmere Green
> 	Little London
> 	Hampshire RG26 5EJ

>   I hope this helps...

Thanks to all for replies

All suggested calling the shy and retiring :-) Mr Dick, sl later
today....