[comp.os.rsts] RSTS V10.0 delay

sclubley@compulink.co.uk (Simon Clubley) (11/21/90)

The local RSTS support people have informed me that RSTS/E V10.0 has
been put back from release on November 9th to a date in January 1991.
Is this information correct and if so, does anybody know the reason
for the delay ?

Simon Clubley
sclubley@compulink.co.uk

pilmeyer@utrtsc.dec.com (11/27/90)

In article <memo.31555@cix.uucp>, sclubley@compulink.co.uk (Simon Clubley) writes...
>The local RSTS support people have informed me that RSTS/E V10.0 has
>been put back from release on November 9th to a date in January 1991.
>Is this information correct and if so, does anybody know the reason
>for the delay ?

RSTS/E engineering tells me that V10.0 has been released to the SSB and should
start shipping early next month. Which probably implies for us Europeans that
we will see it sometime in 1991.

FWIW: I hear there was a printing problem with a book, so it wasn't software
that delayed it!

-Han

beadel@blurt.oswego.edu (12/05/90)

In article <memo.31555@cix.uucp>, sclubley@compulink.co.uk (Simon Clubley) writes:
> The local RSTS support people have informed me that RSTS/E V10.0 has
> been put back from release on November 9th to a date in January 1991.
> Is this information correct and if so, does anybody know the reason
> for the delay ?
>
> Simon Clubley
> sclubley@compulink.co.uk

	I really have heard no explaination given for the delay - other than
bug fixes. The final product was probably not in the hands of Software
Distribution by 9-NOV-90 or if it was it hadn't been there much more than one
week. Once Software Distribution gets it it takes a while for them to cut the
tapes and print the manuals. Thus the normal delays caused by production would
reasonably push delivery of the product into early 1991.
--
Edward F. Beadel, Jr.                 INTERNet: beadel@oswego.Oswego.EDU
Assistant Director                    UUCP:     sunybcs!oswego!beadel