[comp.os.rsts] A HP laserjet on your PDP

havemann_l@spcvxb.spc.edu (04/23/91)

I've never really participated inb a netnews session before, so pardon
me if this isn't in a standard format.

	I was just wondering if there is any interest in a program that
we have developed in-house for using a HP laserjet (series I or II)
on a RSTS V8 thru 10 system.
It is a spoolable device, with its own backround job, you can use
multiple fonts per line, fill, justification, line draw, shading, boxes,
etc.
We have it hooked up through the serial interface running @ 19.2K

If there is any interest, E-mail me a reply, or sneakernet(?) it to me
at the below address. I'll ship you a Magtape of the source code (basic+)
- We run it under BP3 - but its works fine under Basic.

			Havemann_l@spcvxa.spc.edu
			Lee Havemann, Comp Ops Mngr.
			HSH Associates
			1200 Route 23
			Butler, NJ. 07405
			(201)838-3330  09:00-19:00 est

havemann_l@spcvxb.spc.edu (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr22.181958.1269@spcvxb.spc.edu>, havemann_l@spcvxb.spc.edu writes:

> 	I was just wondering if there is any interest in a program that
> we have developed in-house for using a HP laserjet (series I or II)
> on a RSTS V8 thru 10 system.
> It is a spoolable device, with its own backround job, you can use
> multiple fonts per line, fill, justification, line draw, shading, boxes,
> etc.
> We have it hooked up through the serial interface running @ 19.2K
>
> If there is any interest, E-mail me a reply, or sneakernet(?) it to me
> at the below address. I'll ship you a Magtape of the source code (basic+)
>

> 			Havemann_l@spcvxa.spc.edu
> 			Lee Havemann, Comp Ops Mngr.
> 			HSH Associates
> 			1200 Route 23
> 			Butler, NJ. 07405
> 			(201)838-3330  09:00-19:00 est

	A couple of corrections & notes:

> - We run it under BP3 - but its works fine under Basic.
                      ^
This should read BP2 (I'm a lousy typist).

You have to supply your own fonts, as they are the property of HP, &
I don't want to get arrested for illegal distribution of them.

The program will work from Versions 7.2 through 10.0

The replys are still coming in - I didn't think there would be so much
interest.
	Is there any way I could just post the sources on this net?
(there are 24 files of 500 blocks total.)

killeen@spcvxb.spc.edu (Jeff Killeen) (04/25/91)

> The replys are still coming in - I didn't think there would be so much
> interest.
> 	Is there any way I could just post the sources on this net?
> (there are 24 files of 500 blocks total.)

How about the RSTS NEWSLETTER system.  Terry Kennedy can give you details on
how to post it.