[comp.os.rsts] PDP's, life and times

dan@chemsh.uucp (David Neal) (06/18/91)

Well OBVIOUSLY Petey P. Eleven is still alive and well!
You guys are TALKING on comp.os.rsts, a PDP forum, remember?!?

Ok, so much for shouting... anyone have a good Pete simulator?
I'm talking CPU, disk controller, front panel, everything.
Seems like the venerable 11/70 could easily be emulated
on a SPARCStation. Why not cobble up an X-based front panel, even?

It would make a great teaching tool, and could lead to very
interesting conversations.. "Hello, DEC? Yes, I need RSTS 11
on QIC 150 for my SPARCStation, please... No, disk packs won't do...
No, sorry, no DECTAPE reader... Hello, ATT? Can I still get V7?"

--
David Neal - Unix Contractor at large -- dan@chemsh.uucp - (800) 486-3972
DEC: First we swore at Unix(TM), now we swear by it.

In article <1991Jun18.151347.6132@chemsh.uucp> dan@chemsh.uucp (David Neal) writes:
> Ok, so much for shouting... anyone have a good Pete simulator?
> I'm talking CPU, disk controller, front panel, everything.
> Seems like the venerable 11/70 could easily be emulated
> on a SPARCStation. Why not cobble up an X-based front panel, even?

Yes, yes. A good PDP-11 simulator would be a great touch for my Amiga 3000!
Wouldn't have to be anything spectacular... an LSI-11/23 would be plenty. I
could benchmark it against a friend's *real* LSI-11.
--
Peter da Silva; Ferranti International Controls Corporation; +1 713 274 5180;
Sugar Land, TX  77487-5012;         `-_-' "Have you hugged your wolf, today?"