[comp.lang.lisp.franz] Posting Answers

dcorbett@socs.uts.edu.au (Dan Corbett) (05/18/91)

cs16011@athena.ecs.csus.edu writes:

>Thanks for all the information!  Let me clarify my question a little bit.
>My instructor asks "whether macros can be recursive in Lisp and if so or
>not so, support one's answer".  When I tried to tackle that question I

[stuff deleted]

I hate to play the net.cop here, but this guy is obviously looking for the
answer to some assignment.

>then it seems
>logical that I can have recursive macros merely by controlling how the
>"to-be-evaluated" code is composed during phase one.  On the other hand,
>my instructor thinks that recursive macros will have the problem of

[more stuff deleted]

The best way to really learn this stuff is to TRY IT!  Lisp is the most
interactive language in the world.  After a couple of answers were posted,
you should have jumped on the computer and checked them out instead of
asking for clarification.

Dan Corbett
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Technology, Sydney