[comp.society.women] Call for papers: SCAI'89

skyler@violet.Berkeley.EDU (09/25/88)

I thought this might be interesting for some of the readers of this group.

>From agate!ucbvax!pasteur!ames!mailrus!uwmcsd1!leah!itsgw!steinmetz!uunet!mcmi!denny Sat Sep 24 11:53:04 PDT 1988
Article 359 of news.announce.conferences:
>From: ks@tut.fi (Kari Syst)
Newsgroups: news.announce.conferences
Subject: Call for papers: SCAI'89
Date: 30 Aug 88 13:11:38 GMT
Expires: 31 Oct 88 00:00:00 GMT
Sender: denny@mcmi.UUCP

			   SCAI'89
    THE SECOND SCANDINAVIAN CONFERENCE ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE 1989
			June 13-15, 1989
			Tampere, Finland

		1st Announcement and Call for Papers

The  Conference is organized by the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish
artificial  Intelligence Societies  and	 Tampere University of Technology.
On behalf of these, the Organization Committee has the pleasure to cordially
invite everyone interested in AI and related topics to participate in SCAI'89.

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

The program of the Conference will contain invited and contributed papers in
plenary and parallel sessions, workshops and an exhibition.

CONTRIBUTIONS INVITED

Contributed papers in the following fields of AI are welcome:

  1. Logic and AI theory
  2. Knowledge representation and inference methods
  3. Knowledge based systems
  4. Natural Language and speech
  5. AI-tools and environments

Prospective authors of papers are invited to return the attached form together
with an extended abstract of their proposed paper.  Abstracts of the papers
should be submitted to the SCAI'89 Secretariat, and are due by October 31,
1988.

ABSTRACTS

The abstracts should be informative rather than descriptive and the text
should not exceed three pages.

MANUSCRIPTS

Acceptance of papers will be notified to the authors by December 31, 1988,
together with full requirements and typing instructions for the manuscripts.
Final manuscripts will have to be submitted for publication not later than
March 31, 1989.

PROCEEDINGS

The written papers will be published in the SCAI'89 Proceedings which will
be distributed to the participants at registration.

WORKSHOPS

It has been planned that a workshop titled "Medical Expert Systems" will be
arranged in connection with the Conference.  Proposals for other workshop
topics are kindly requested to be sent the SCAI'89 Secretariat before October
31, 1988.

EXHIBITION

An exhibition of AI-tools and literature will be held during the Conference.
All enquires should be directed to the SCAI'89 Secreteriat.

SCAI'89 SECRETERIAT

All correspondence should be directed to:

   scai89@tut.fi

or:

   SCAI'89
   Tampere University of Technology
   Ms Raili Siekkinen
   P.O.BOX 527
   SF-33101 Tampere
   Finland

   Phone Int  +358 31 162441
   Telex 22313
   Telefax +358 31 162907

DEADLINES

Abstracts of papers submitted:	  October 31, 1988
Acceptance of papers notified:	  December 31, 1988
2nd Announcement available:	  January 31, 1989
Manuscripts of papers submitted:  March 31, 1989
Registration with reduced fee:	 March 31, 1989
Hotel reservation:		  March 31, 1989

Please fill the following questionnaire in and send it to
SCAI'89 Secreteriat before October 31, 1988.  You may send it
either by electronic or ordinary mail.

PRELIMINARY PARTICIPATION QUESTIONNAIRE
(please fill in)

I wish to receive the 2nd announcement
(If more than one copy, quantity indicated)		(  )

I plan to participate in SCAI'89			(  )

I plan to present a paper at the Conference		(  )
(title and abstract enclosed)

My paper concerns the topic:

  1. Logic and AI theory				(  )
  2. Knowledge representation and inference methods	(  )
  3. Knowledge based systems				(  )
  4. Natural Language and speech			(  )
  5. AI-tools and environments				(  )

I will attend the workshop on Medical Expert Systems	(  )

I like to propose a workshop
"						       "
to be arranged as a part of the Conference (Detailed
proposal enclosed)

My organization is interested in taking part in the
exhibition, please contact me				(  )

name

company/institution

address