[comp.protocols.iso.x400] APIA members

eskovgaa@cue.bc.ca (Erik Skovgaard) (05/29/91)

That list is out of date. It is probably from Phase tow of the APIA's work.
They are now on Phase three  and several of the listed companies are no longer
member (DEC, Indissy, Sun, TITN, Danet, etc).

If you need the most recent list, I suggest you contact Ed Owens at
Enable Software (415) 521-9779.

The current APIA work includes:

    - MS API
    - A tutorial on the Phase two APIs
    - Implementor's Guides (bugfixes and clarifications)
    - EDI objects for the Application API.

The work will be adorpted by X/Open - possibly with (hopefully) minor
modifications and IEEE POSIX is also looking at the APIs.

The Phase three work is now in its final stages (final draft was submitted
earlier this month for review) and the next meeting takes place right here
in Vancouver June 4-5th.  Attendance is for members, only.

Hope this helps to clarify.                    ....Erik.

--------------------------------------
Erik Skovgaard
Technical Editor, APIA

==================
Date: 28 May 91 12:59 -0700
From: "Robert D. Thompson" <rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
To: mhsnews@ics.uci.edu
Subject: Re: Who belongs to APIA

In article <1991May26.213614@ece.arizona.edu> schicchi@ece.arizona.edu writes:

>Hello,
>
>can anyone tell me who belongs to the Application Program Interface
>Association?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--Doug Smith
>  Electrical and Computer Engineering
>  University o' Arizona

Doug,

	I assume you mean XAPIA.  From Omnicom,

		...Current members are: AT&T, Banyan Systems Inc.,
		Britich Telecom. plc., cc:Mail Inc.,
		Data Access Corp., Data Connection Ltd., Digital
		Equipment Corporation, Enable Software Inc., GSI/Danet
		Inc., Hewlette Packard Co., Indisy Software
		Inc., Lotus Development Corp. (Yuck! :<), Microsoft
		Corp., NCR Corp., Novell, NTT America Inc., OSIware Inc.,
		Retix, Soft-Switch Inc., Sun Microsystems Inc., US Sprint
		Communications Co., Tandem, TITN Inc., Touch Communications
		Inc., and 3Com  Corp.

	Hope that helps...