[gnu.emacs.bug] find-tag-tag in tags.el

dsill@RELAY.NSWC.NAVY.MIL (03/24/89)

GNU Emacs 18.52.3 of Tue Jan 31 1989 on ef80 (berkeley-unix)

Our $EMACS/lisp/tags.el has a find-tag-tag function.  I don't know
what the problem is, but I don't think changing calls to find-tag-tag
to find-tag will fix it.

From tags.el:
(defun find-tag-tag (string)
  (let* ((default (find-tag-default))
	 (spec (read-string
		(if default
		    (format "%s(default %s) " string default)
		  string))))
    (list (if (equal spec "")
	      default
	    spec))))

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (03/24/89)

In article <8903231938.AA04764@prep.ai.mit.edu>, dsill@RELAY writes:
>GNU Emacs 18.52.3 of Tue Jan 31 1989 on ef80 (berkeley-unix)
>
>Our $EMACS/lisp/tags.el has a find-tag-tag function.  I don't know
>what the problem is, but I don't think changing calls to find-tag-tag
>to find-tag will fix it.

The following in, say, your .emacs will do the trick.  As the comment
indicates, a (provide 'tags) in tags.el would make all this a tad
nicer.  (This is from the emacs-tags package due to Bob Webber, Wayne
Mesard, and Ashwin Ram - I don't know who added this detail).

(autoload 'find-tag-tag "tags"
	  "This hack is here  because there's no provide in tags.el!")
--
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr