Date: Sat,  1 Apr 89 19:54:01 EDT
From: MAILER-DAEMON@CENTRO.SOAR.CS.CMU.EDU
To: Brian.Milnes@CENTRO.SOAR.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: Undeliverable mail

Mail addressed to liberte at m.cs.uiuc.edu could not be sent.
- --------- Host m.cs.uiuc.edu transcript -----------

Unable to open connection to m.cs.uiuc.edu 192.17.238.13 from CENTRO.SOAR.CS.CMU.EDU: Connection timed out
Host has not accepted this mail message for over 3 days

- ------- Message contents appear below ------

To: liberte@m.cs.uiuc.edu
cc: bug-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu, jps@CENTRO.SOAR.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: Two More Customization requests and some questions.
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 89 19:40:38 EST
From: Brian.Milnes@CENTRO.SOAR.CS.CMU.EDU

 Dan,

 I hope that you're the right guy to get this, if not I suppose that bug-gnu-emacs'
reader will ship this on.

 It would be nice if TAGS would try and guess what you wanted to see
with M-. Perhaps a REGEXP could be put in a hook on a major mode dependent
variable to do this.  For example, if "." is my cursor in "(foo (bar x
(* 3 x)) . (bax)) I'd love M-. to default to "foo".

 Second, I'd like to see M-. search the tags in a closest match first manner.
If I have two tags, "P" and "P-FOO" and I do a M-. on "P" I'd like to see the
"P" tag first, as it is an exact (or closer fit).

 Finally, I'm curious about how you are going to build an extendable ETAGS.

 Thanks, Brian

------- End of Forwarded Message