[gnu.emacs.bug] "mail" command

Stavros.Macrakis@crg.bull.fr (04/06/89)

1. I often change the name of my *mail* buffer, so that I can compose
more than one mail at a time.  After I C-C C-C (mail-send-and-exit),
there is no indication in the mode line that the mail has been sent.

I suggest that the buffer be made read-only, and that the mode line
say, e.g. (Mail Fill Sent).

2. If "unsent message being composed", then the options shouldn't be
just "erase it" or not, but also "make new mail buffer"
(*mail-2* ...?)

	-s

shap@polya.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan S. Shapiro) (04/08/89)

In article <8904061358.AA04383@vega.crg.bull.fr> Stavros.Macrakis@crg.bull.fr writes:
>I suggest that the buffer be made read-only, and that the mode line
>say, e.g. (Mail Fill Sent).

Please don't!!! it is too useful to be able to compose two minor
variations on a piece of mail and send it to different people.