[gnu.emacs.bug] re-search-backward

wjc@ho5cad.ATT.COM (Bill Carpenter) (07/16/89)

In article <8907152253.AA12741@schubert.mit.edu> drw@BOURBAKI.MIT.EDU writes:

> For the five-hundredth time, I've found it nearly impossible to
> remember or *look up* "re-search-backward".  Would you PLEASE alias it
> to "regexp-search-backward" (which is what it should be called) so "C-h
> f regexp ?" will list it????

(fset 'regexp-search-backward 're-search-backward)

1.  Do it yourself and leave the rest of us alone.

2.  This does not help with stuff like query-replace-regexp.

3.  Use command-apropos and use your imagination about things to look
    for.

4.  Pick better subjects for your postings.

5.  Above all, calm down.
--
   Bill Carpenter         att!ho5cad!wjc  or  attmail!bill