[gnu.emacs.bug] building 18.51 on a 386i, publishing AT&T source code

bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (07/17/89)

In article <8907160215.AA08953@yamada-sun.UUCP> nosun!yamada-sun!eric@CSE.OGC.EDU (Eric Hanchrow) writes:

   From: nosun!yamada-sun!eric@CSE.OGC.EDU (Eric Hanchrow)
   Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.bug
   Date: 16 Jul 89 02:15:49 GMT
   Sender: daemon@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

   In case you're interested, here's a few problems I has building GNU
   Emacs 18.51 on a Sun386i running Sun0S 4.0.1, and how I got around
   them. Emacs works just fine now.

First off, you didn't really need to go to all that trouble.  The
current version, 18.54, works much better on the 386i and many (all?)
of the problems you mentioned have been eliminated.

   ----------------Here's our `aouthdr.h'----------------
   /*	Copyright (c) 1984 AT&T	*/
   /*	  All Rights Reserved  	*/

   /*	THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE OF AT&T	*/
   /*	The copyright notice above does not evidence any   	*/
   /*	actual or intended publication of such source code.	*/
   ----------------Here's our `scnhdr.h'----------------

   ----------------Here's our `syms.h'----------------
   /*	Copyright (c) 1984 AT&T	*/
   /*	  All Rights Reserved  	*/

   /*	THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE OF AT&T	*/
   /*	The copyright notice above does not evidence any   	*/
   /*	actual or intended publication of such source code.	*/
   I hope nobody's soul or psyche gets corrupted by looking at files
   that have AT&T copyright notices on them.

It's not a religious issue, it's a legal one.  You may get a knock on
the door from the AT&T lawyers, or you may not.  I just issued a news
control message to encourage people to remove this article from their
systems.  Mailing list members are another problem...

   P.S. -- Could you please acknowledge receipt of the message? I
   don't trust our mail system, and I'm afraid we're not actually
   transmitting stuff everything we should be.

Yes, it got here.

   Also, how's the Emacs lisp manual coming?

Get the preliminary version via FTP from
a.cs.uiuc.edu:pub/gnuemacs/elisp/*, or via UUCP from
osu-cis!~/gnu/lisp-manual/*.  Join the gnu-emacs-manual@a.cs.uiuc.edu
mailing list or subscribe to gnu.emacs.lisp.manual for updates; write
for UUCPing instructions if you need them.