[net.followup] dave letterman

ix440@sdcc6.UUCP (Robert Cunningham) (03/14/86)

In article <4535EV9@PSUVMA> EV9@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>Has anyone out there ever thought of starting a David Letterman newsgroup?
>I'm sure there must be more interested parties out there! Let's hear from
>you! (If anyone really checks net.general!)        adam...

Dave's a flake.  Larry (Bud) Melman is the REAL heart of the show!

			-- Bob Cunningham
			-- sdcsvax!sdcc6!ix440 (UCSD)

lac3@mtuxo.UUCP (l.chesal) (03/15/86)

AYE for net.latenite

vohra@ut-sally.UUCP (Pavan Vohra) (03/15/86)

I'd love to see a net.letterman.  Some friends of my roommate sent
the man a slice (actually it was a fairly large piece) of the
Sesquicentennial cake cut by Prince Charles, and asked him to
drop it from 150 feet.  Must never have reached him (I don't think
he even acknowledged it on the show), but doesn't that sound like
something he'd do?  An evening's just not complete without him.
---
					Pavan Vohra
				arpa: vohra@sally.UTEXAS.EDU

johnk@megaron.UUCP (03/15/86)

> Has anyone out there ever thought of starting a David Letterman newsgroup?

Let's do it!
--
John Kececioglu
arizona!johnk

smith@ethos.UUCP (Gary J. Smith) (03/16/86)

> Has anyone out there ever thought of starting a David Letterman newsgroup?
> I'm sure there must be more interested parties out there! Let's hear from
> you! (If anyone really checks net.general!)        adam...
>
> (How can we create new newsgroup subjects like the proposed?
> VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!!!)

I think this is a terrific idea.  I propose that the group be
named net.letterman.  I suppose the thing to do now is to begin
polling the Usenet audience--and we all know just how painful
THAT can be.

I volunteer to count votes.  For the next two weeks (until March 30)
I will accept votes by mail regarding the establishment of the new
newsgroup net.letterman.  Send your votes to:

	ihnp4!burl!ethos!smith
	decvax!mcnc!rti-sel!ethos!smith

Gary J. Smith @ ETHOS, Durham, North Carolina
uucp: ihnp4!burl!ethos!smith   usm: 707 Ninth St #13   phn: 919/286-7055
      mcnc!rti-sel!ethos!smith      Durham, NC 27705   bbs: 919/286-3573

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (03/16/86)

Not net.letterman, meybe not even net.anything.  How about mod.tv.letterman.
The name should be at least net.tv.latenight or net.tv.letterman if the
group is recreated.  (I didn't know the group had gone away.)
This should be discussed in net.tv (assuming there is a great volume
of letterman articles there now) and net.news.group, not net.followup.
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@c.cs.cmu.edu (cmu-cs-c.arpa)	Usenet: ralphw@mit-eddie.uucp
Fido: Ralph Hyre at Net 129, Node 0 (Pitt-Bull) Phone: (412)CMU-BUGS

jgd@uwmcsd1.UUCP (John G Dobnick) (03/17/86)

> > Has anyone out there ever thought of starting a David Letterman newsgroup?

Sorry folks...  Insufficient traffic for this.
So far, the *only* Dave Letterman traffic I have seen is 5 (count them, FIVE)
messages in this group!   This is hardly cause for an entire group.

May I suggest that one of you Letterman fans start a "mailing list".

[Aside:  Did you folks know that there is an NBC machine on the net?  Not that
	 Dave knows anything about it, but maybe you could send him e-mail, huh?
	 You might even get it read on the air!    Check your local mod.maps
	 group for additional information.]

John G Dobnick
Computing Services Division @ University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
UUCP: ...ihnp4!uwmcsd1!jgd	INTERNET: uwmacc!uwmcsd1!jgd@rsch.wisc.edu

tom@stc.co.uk (03/19/86)

In article <453@ethos.UUCP> smith@ethos.UUCP (Gary J. Smith) writes:

>> Has anyone out there ever thought of starting a David Letterman newsgroup?
>> I'm sure there must be more interested parties out there! Let's hear from
>> you! (If anyone really checks net.general!)        adam...
>>
>> (How can we create new newsgroup subjects like the proposed?
>> VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!!!)
>
>I think this is a terrific idea.  I propose that the group be
>named net.letterman.  I suppose the thing to do now is to begin
>polling the Usenet audience--and we all know just how painful
>THAT can be.
>
>I volunteer to count votes.  For the next two weeks (until March 30)
>I will accept votes by mail regarding the establishment of the new
>newsgroup net.letterman.  Send your votes to:

  waffle, waffle, waffle - rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb - garbage, garbage, garbage

  Don't you realise that, in the UK at least, we have no idea who
  the fuck this Dave Letterbox is???

  If you want to discuss this guy then, of course, do so.  Create a news
  group if you like - do anything you want but keep it to yourselves.

  If we had a newsnet covering the whole cosmos you Americanos would think
  that life back at least as far as the dinosaurs would know who Dave
  Letteropener was!

  No we haven't imported the show yet (unlike the well known soaps).  We'll
  let you know if we do (what the ratings are, class of audience.....)

--
Regards,
	Tom Sanders.	<tom@tcom.stc.co.uk>

iRMX86*  Expert (Roots Rockers)

        Project Team: roots.rockers@tcom.stc.co.uk

* iRMX86 is a trade mark of Intel Corporation

ks@svo.UUCP (03/19/86)

Well, this is a vote AGAINST net.letterman.  I recommend that you create
a mailing list for this--there are many mailing lists now.  Look at
net.news* for further information.  There is, in my opinion, no reason
to create another trivial newsgroup; it takes us long enough, thank you,
to get our news now.

		Kurt F. Sauer
		Tulsa, Oklahoma

mcewan@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (03/22/86)

Why bother with a Letterman group? It's obvious that his fans don't know
to use the appropriate group for a discussion, so they probably wouldn't
use it anyway.

			Scott McEwan
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"I'm sorry, sir. According to your identification you're not even born
 yet. Come back in 500 years."